Hammar hydrostatic release unit HRU H20R for Life Raft – IMPA 330119
Hammar hydrostatic release unit HRU for EPIRB – IMPA 330126
Hydrostatic release unit type THANNER DK2010 for 30 months – IMPA 330128
A Hydrostatic Release Unit or HRU is a devise which works on pressure activation use to automatically deploy a Life Saving Appliance onboard a vessel in case of emergency or evacuation. Life rafts and EPIRBs are common equipment which are fitting with HRU. In case the vessel sinks and a depth of 1.5 – 4.0 m is reached the water pressure against the HRU diaphragm causes a sharp knife encased to cut through the rope and hence releasing the life raft or EPIRB.
Two Type of Hydrostatic Release Units HRU
- Disposable Type – To be replaced every 2 – 4 years
- Unlimited Life Type – Annual Service and Testing sufficient.
Models of Hydrostatic Release Units HRU
- Hammar H20R for Life rafts
- Hammar HRU for EPIRB – H20E
- ACR HydroFix HRU 100 for EPIRB
- McMurdo BreaktHRU for EPIRB
- Hydrostatic release unit type THANNER DK2010 for 30 months
HS Code –